AB 86: Adult Education
Consortia Planning 2013-2015
• The importance of your narrative
• Objective #1 – Tables 1.1A & 1.1B changes
– Provide data separately (in each of the five areas) for
Credit ESL, Credit Basic Skills, Non Credit, and
Enhanced Non Credit.
• Objective #1 – Table 1.1A column E has been
changed to reflect the change above.
• Objective #1 – Table 1.1A - a column for FY 13-14
Unduplicated enrollment and ADA/FTES has
New Updates (cont.)
• Objective #1 – Table 1.1B – we are combining VTEA
& Perkins (they are the same thing).
• Objective #2 – Table 2.0 changes
– Do not complete the FY 2015-16 Projected Enrollment
• Program Area 5 – Apprenticeships
– The AB86 Workgroup is currently working with the
State Apprenticeship Lead (College & K-12) to obtain
enrollment & budget information. Stay tuned.
Questions – from this week
• How do you explain the logic behind asking for
an unduplicated enrollment count?
• If some regional consortiums need one on one
attention – how do you set that up?
• Will the table data collected from the 70
regional consortia be shared with the general
public? If yes, how will you ensure
confidentiality regarding sensitive fiscal
Review Prior Questions
• These questions were answered on the 6/6/13
• We will review these questions once more.
• Feel free to ask for a clarification.
From prior Webinar 6/6 –
• Is there any guidance you can provide to those wanting
• Do adult schools categorize by credit, non-credit etc.?
• How do community colleges differentiate adult education
from basic skills courses? Do you anticipate community
colleges will include basic skills courses as part of their
adult education programs?
• What is the difference between ESL credit vs non-credit
in relationship to what is considered adult education?
Operational Definitions (cont.)
• At colleges, what makes one CTE program an “adult
education” program and another “not adult education?”
• “Adult basic skills” - does this require registration in a program
or course for skills remediation, or can the student be in a
credit class for a degree?
• Can the student have a HS diploma but need skills
• How long is short term CTE? One year or less? Or a certain
number of credits?
• Are we just including our unrestricted general fund? Or should
the costs include indirect?
• Why are we including data for 13-14? It is not complete yet, so
will not include the entire year through June 30.
• We do not track the general district budget by program type
(credit, noncredit, etc.). The best way to break this down is to
do a percentage based on overall FTES. Will this be sufficient?
• How will the program report tables and narrative be submitted
to the CCCCO and are there any guidelines for the narrative in
particular (page length, format, etc.?)
• Are you saying that members should NOT report any
courses that are fee-based? Or are you only referring to
fee-based online courses?
• At my community college there are no specific courses
for adults with disabilities but we do offer support
services funded through DSPS and SSSP. We track the
number of students served but it's not FTES generating
so how does that fit into the tables . . . or does it?
• Can you confirm whether or not you want the dollar
amounts per funding source ONLY for the AB86 adult
education programs (not for the whole adult school)?
Other Questions (cont.)
• If we list the total for the program area, how
do we account for different rate pays of
faculty, who may be paid at different rates
within a particular program area?
• Many of our primary and secondary partners
provide "services" (including tutoring) and/or
workshops, but not "classes" "courses" and
"programs" of formal instruction. How should
we report that?
For More Information…
• [email protected]