Ingredients: 100g plain flour, 1 x 15ml spoon baking powder, 100g polenta, 100g
grated cheddar or parmesan cheese, 300ml milk, 2 medium eggs, 50g butter
(melted), 25g finely grated Parmesan cheese for topping, 6 finely chopped sundried
1. Switch on oven - gas mark 6 / 200°C
tin with 9 paper cases.
Prepare the muffin
2. Put the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add the
polenta and grated cheese.
3. Mix well and make a ‘well’ in the centre.
4. Measure out 300ml milk in a jug. Add two eggs.
5. Add 50g of melted butter to the milk and eggs.
6. Whisk together with a fork.
7. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients.
8. Add the finely chopped sun dried tomatoes.
9. Mix the batter until smooth.
10. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, filling them
about ¾ full.
11. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the top of each.
12. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes – gas mark 6 / 200°C
Make sure you use oven gloves.
13. Bake until well risen, firm and golden.
14. Leave to cool on a cooling rack. They are best eaten warm
and freshly made. They can also be sliced and toasted.