Ingredients: 150g SR flour, 1 x 5ml spoon baking powder, 2 x 15ml spoons chopped
spring onions, 150g grated hard cheese (eg Cheddar, Cheshire, Somerset Blue,
Mozzarella, Feta, Red Leicester), 1 egg, 150ml milk, 50ml melted butter
See next slide for some additional ideas.
Plus, choose one or two from these extra ingredients or use
your own ideas.
1. Switch on oven, gas mark 4 / 180°C
Prepare muffin tins – grease, or line with muffin cases.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the cheese and other flavouring ingredients. In this
case I have used chopped spring onions, grated apple and
3. Toss lightly to mix.
4. Beat the egg, then whisk in the milk and melted butter.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the large mixing bowl.
6. Stir just enough to blend everything together. Do not beat
or your muffins will be tough.
7. Spoon the mixture into 9 muffin cases, filling each one ¾
8. Bake for about 30 minutes – gas mark 4 / 180°C.
9. When cooked they should be nicely risen and golden brown.
10. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before turning out onto a