PeopleSoft Time & Labor
PeopleSoft Time & Labor
PeopleSoft Time &
What Roles are in Time & Labor?
• 1) Individual
• 2) Manager
• 3) Timekeeper
• A) Faculty – No timekeeping. Paid on contract
and will only need to access for entering sick
leave in Absence Management.
• B) Exempt – No timekeeping except to enter
hours over 8 hours worked for a day to earn
straight comp time. Paid salary so time entry
will not change pay.* Can access Absence
Management through timesheet.
• C) Non-Exempt – Should review at least
weekly to adjust for any comp time or
overtime earned. Will access for Absence
Management to request sick/vacation/comp
time used. These are salaried employees and
will be paid their monthly salary regardless of
• D) Hourly - These individuals must enter their
hours worked in a timely manner. Only hours
entered and approved will be paid when payroll
runs. Late entry of hours worked will wait until
the next semi-monthly payroll to be paid.
• There will be no more emergency checks since
each employee will be responsible for entering
their own hours worked into their timesheet.
(See timekeeper for exceptions)
• * - Salaried employees may have a change in
pay for going on Leave Without Pay (LWOP).
There will be a special earnings code
specifically for an employee that uses all of
their vacation/sick/comp time (whatever is
applicable) and should not be paid for time
not at work.
(Elapsed Time Reporter)
Non-Exempt and Hou
(Punch Time Reporte
Click ‘Save for Later’ to format and validate time.
Not entered as military
time nor PM
• A) The Manager approves employees’ time
submitted. It must be approved to be
forwarded to payroll for payment. A Manager
can delegate another approver if they will be
• B) A Manager can enter time for an employee,
• C) A Manager will assign work schedules to
employees. M-F 8am – 5pm is assumed.
• A) A Timekeeper may enter time for
employees that are unable to enter their own
1) Computer illiterate
2) Unable to access computer
• a) Home sick
• b) Travelling
• B) Try to keep entering of others’ timesheets to
an ‘as needed’ basis as opposed to a regular
activity. We want employees to be responsible
for their own time and not relying on others.
• This will eliminate ‘the timesheet was lost in papers on the
• I couldn’t help that the Admin was out sick/on vacation and
my hours didn’t get entered.
• I wasn’t on campus the day timesheets were due.
• Etc… Etc… Etc…
Please WATCH for Absence Management and other
introduction to PeopleSoft Modules training.
There will be detailed training later for how to pay temporary workers.
No payroll training will be offered to the campus because only the
Payroll Staff will access the Payroll Module. The majority of payments
will be made through Time & Labor.
•Any questions about
Time & Labor?