Transcript Long Term Subs
Data Quality Council Schuylkill IU29 September 5, 2013
All administrators should have watched.
Changes for 13-14 school year http://tinyurl.com/PVAASAdmin SIS/Data/Technology Staff http://tinyurl.com/PVAASTech
Manual – final stages of development FAQ – final review Checklist – due 9/4 – sent to PVAAS account holders
Done in January?
Correction time is needed
◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ Teachers co-teach classes but have no common planning time LEA Determination Cannot assume planning only occurs together Cannot account for every minute of planning Is 50/50 a fair split?
◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ Should special ed teachers be attributed to entire class at 50/50 or only attributed to special ed students?
Domains I & III responsibility – yes Sp ed teachers can have regular ed students attributed to them; regular ed teachers can have sp ed students attributed to them.
Have conversation in advance What is everyone doing?
◦ ◦ ◦ When do LTS become accountable?
Define “accountable” HQT?, Educator effectiveness, Act 82 Act 82 – temporary professional employee/professional employee Check collective bargaining agreement PIMS – 70 day rule (Used by TIMS for work history) even if district has 90 day rule
◦ 70 day rule ◦ ◦ Does not need to be consecutive Must be same role Staff collection LTS that fill vacancies
1 st quarter maternity leave ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ Still TOR Have ¾ responsibility Will sub get evaluated?
Depends on bargaining agreement ***Note – Teacher of record is for the entire course***
◦ ◦ ◦ Fill-in for teacher on leave, no evaluation, does teacher on leave get full attribution?
Is LTS LT temporary employee?
Can repost students for <100% but not more.
Could also occur if student moves during the year
HR decides of they are a temporary professional employee They will NOT get information if they do not have a school email address What is everyone doing with LTS?
◦ As long as a teacher has 3 years of data they will have a PVAAS score Regardless of building, district or subject area
At home – attribute to “tutor” Virtually in class – attribute to teacher Act 82 – Temporary professional employee/professional employee Domains I & III – planning/preparation, instruction There is a minimum “n” count – TBD by end of October
◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ Staff Collection Assign FTE percentages as in the past Courses – could be teaching courses in multiple LEAs ID by LEA and course 8 th math in 3 buildings will give one score for students in all buildings Instructional relationship weight # days concurrently enrolled If more than one teacher – how are you splitting responsibility?
Is it fully aligned to Keystones or does it meet each students’ specific needs?
If it is a supplemental course that covers all content then yes LEAs determine which courses trigger students to take Keystones.
Think of final exam
No need to report non-Keystone course of student failed Alg I Not a co-existing course Can schedule retake at any time Who offers remediation courses? Co-existing courses?
Always around state testing?
Close to test time ◦ Accurate attribution data Some LEAs check data before teachers ◦ ◦ ◦ Teacher rosters All students there Relieve stress on teachers 1 week window last year – more flexibility?
Does anyone check before teachers?
Day 1 of the Algebra I course to the end of the testing window
Will there be a Special Ed Life Skills State Course Code for grades 3-5 for students who take the PASA?
◦ ◦ How do you handle claiming different withdrawal and entry dates?
◦ ◦ Look at everything through your lens PVAAS will handle this If a student leaves a district, waits one month to enroll in new district Will be underclaimed Again, worry about your data