Transcript Chapter 12 - Somerset Academy Silver Palms Middle/High
12: P ROPS , S ET D RESSING & S CENERY
: Cyclorama (Cyc): Background curtain on a set that is stretched tight and pulled to cover the walls and curves of the studio, forming a solid background color. Not like a backdrop, which has a picture or scenery.
• Moiré: Effect caused by certain fabric patterns in which the television system reproduces the pattern with a rainbow of colors or moving lines displayed in the patterned area.
• Props: Any item handled by the performers during a production, other than furniture.
• Set Decorator: See Set Dresser.
): Set Design: Scale drawing of the set, as viewed from above, that illustrates the location of furniture, walls, doors and windows.
• Set Dresser: Person responsible for selecting the furniture, wall and window coverings, accent accessories, and all the other design elements that complete a program’s set. Uses items in layers to create depth and three-dimensionality. Also called Set Decorator.
• Set Dressing: All the visual and design elements on a set, such as rugs, lamps, wall coverings, curtains, and room accent accessories.