Transcript Regional Economic Development Initiative
B U S I N E S S P L A N
for a Reg io n al E co n o mic Develo p men t In itiative to
E n h an ce th e Bu sin ess Recru itmen t F u n ctio n
December 19, 2013
THE GRANT PROJECT DEO FUNDED
– Business Plan for a Regional Economic Development Initiative to Enhance Business Recruitment Function
$15,000 AWARD SPECIFIC TASKS
– Due: February 28 th • Draft Business Plan • Draft Policies and Procedures Operational Guide – Due: May 31 st • • Final Business Plan Final Policies and Procedures Operational Guide
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT S C O P E O F W O R K
Business Plan • Organizational structure • Definition of the regional economic development agency’s responsibilities and relationship with local economic development offices • Financial projections • Fund-raising strategies Operating Manual • Operational Policies & Procedures • Support System /Integrated Partners Result: An economic development agency initiative that will allow all counties within the region to be integrated into the organization thereby insuring collaboration and cooperation throughout the Southwest Florida region.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT I N S W F L O R I D A
Charlotte County Collier County Mr. Tom Patton Mr. Bruce Register Mr. John Cox Glades County Hendry County Ms. Tracy Whirls Mr. Gregg Gillman Lee County City of Cape Coral City of Bonita Springs Mr. Glen Saylor Mr. Rick Michael Mr. Dana Brunett Ms. Christine Ross City of Fort Myers Mr. Marvin Collins Sarasota County City of Sarasota City of North Port Mr. Mark Huey Mr. Jeff Maultsbury Mr. Allan Lane Executive Director Director President & CEO Executive Director Executive Director Executive Director Executive Director President & CEO Assistant City Manager President Director Manager
Southwest Florida Economic Development Alliance CEDS Working Group Economic Development Directors Alliance ED Directors
Define our region Define roles Define our strengths Define our needs Enhance existing partnerships
TENATIVE PROJECT SCHEDULE
LIST OF QUESTIONS: E D D i r e c t o r s
1. What features of a regional economic development effort would be useful?
2. What do you NOT want this regional effort/entity to do?
3. How do you define this region?
4. How do you define EDO Leaders in the Region?
5. How would you enhance the Business Recruitment Function in SWFLA?
6. Explain your idea of Regional Marketing.
7. What Data would be useful to share from a regional perspective?
8. How should Prospects be handled from your perspective? 9. When you are asked about Universities in the region – what is your first response?
10. How many staff members do you currently employ? 11. Which Regional Entity do you know the most about in the State of Florida? • JaxUSA • Florida’s Great Northwest • Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance • • • Metro Orlando Space Coast Tampa Bay Partnership • • Florida’s Heartland REDI Other
On December 19 th , local Economic Development Directors came together from the region (Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, Lee & Sarasota Counties, including City of Cape Coral, City of North Port, Bonita Springs, and Naples). • Data Repository • Branding • Lead Sharing/Generation • Leverage Resources • Regional Advocacy • Forums • Sites/Real Estate • Workforce • GIS Data • Infrastructure • Airports • Broadband • Electricity • Business Highlights • Environmental Attractions • Important Assets/Photographs • Target Industries • Conflict with Local efforts • Reduce existing Funding • Regional entity to work leads • Over Management
THE FUNDAMENTALS W H AT I S B E S T F O R O U R R E G I O N
Option 1 (CEDS Vital Project) • Promote Centralized Data • Regional Marketing Effort Option 2 • Lead Generation • One Point of Contact Option 3 • Data Repository • Regional Marketing • Recruitment • Retention • Expansion Option 4 (ALL IN ONE) • Data • Marketing • Lead Generation • One Contact • Recruitment • Retention • Expansion
Option 1: Regional Economic Development Executive Directors Consensus, December 19 th .
NEEDS MARKET ANALYSIS DATA
for Business Plan • INTEGRATED REGIONAL WEB-PRESENCE Sarasota EDC recognized at the FEDC conference for their website http://www.edcsarasotacounty.com/
with Alliance, Economic Development Directors and other key players SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING PLAN for Economic Development
BRANDING VS MARKETING
Workshop INDUSTRY CLUSTER ANALYSIS for Southwest Florida TARGETED INDUSTRY STRATEGY for Southwest Florida
WHATS THE TARGET
• • • • • • • • •
Executive Summary Developing an organizational framework (Background and Approach)
– Vision – Mission
Market Analysis Organization & Management Services or Products Marketing Funding Request Financial Projections Appendix (optional)
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
• • • • •
Mission Statement Products & Services Goals/Values Organizational Chart Organization
– How and to whom calls are referred – Information requested from the contact – – Operational plan Outreach Plan • • • •
– Printed Materials Lifecycle – – Lead Generation Fundraising
– Board Recruitment – Positions – Job Descriptions
– Web Presence
– Financial Statement
239.338.2550 ext. 222 [email protected]
ED Program Manager
239.338.2550 ext. 218 [email protected]
Youtube.com/SWFRPC facebook.com/SWFRPC www. swfrpc.org
twitter.com/SWFRPC Search for the SWRPC on Linkedin! For more information please contact us at: