Transcript Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse
Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse
Study abroad in southwestern France!
Program and University Information
• • • • • • Part of the Fund for Improvement of Postsecondary Education Program (FIPSE) Grant-based exchange program Open to K-State juniors, seniors, and graduate students This program focuses studies on sustainable energy “The Laboratory of Agro Industrial Chemistry at Toulouse Polytechnic University is in ENSIACET, the department of chemistry, and chemical engineering at the university. It is a major institution using biorenewable agricultural products to develop new industrial materials and to extract valuable chemical for commercial use. The university has educational and research programs in renewable resources chemistry and engineering dealing with biomass utilization and extraction by green refining.” -FIPSE, Kansas State Program related courses are taught in English but language training is encouraged for cultural and social integration
University Fun Facts
• • • • • • • Founded in 1969 6,000 students 24% international students 77 different nationalities represented 21 research laboratories More than 100 student associations to join Only a two hour drive from the mountains and the beach!
• • • • Located in Toulouse, France, the fifth largest city in France Along the banks of the Garonne river Population of 1.1 million Leader in aerospace and high tech industries
• • • • • • • • • • The city offers many attractions including: Capitole de Toulouse Château d’eau Jardin des plantes Musée Georges Labit Musée des Augustins Cité de l’espace Saint-Sernin Basilica Saint Étienne cathédral Théâtre du capitole Stade Toulousain
Areas of Study and Programs
• • • • • • • • • Agronomy Climatology Veterinary sciences Biosciences and health Civil engineering Information processing Innovation management Sustainable development Agricultural production
Cost and Living Arrangements
• • • • • • Students must be enrolled as full-time K-State students and will pay regular tuition and fees directly to K-State Out-of-state students pay in-state tuition!
Students will live in university housing K-State will provide the student up to $5,000 for housing and food cost Students will be responsible for the cost of travel to and from the university, any pre-semester language courses, personal expenses, and the K-State study abroad fee Scholarships are available
• • • Information about the FIPSE program available at: http://sustainable-energy.ksu.edu/FIPSE Information about INP France available at: http://www.inp-toulouse.fr/fr/index.html
INP Toulouse contact:
Carlos Vaca-Garcia, Associate Professor
National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse [email protected]
• An informational brochure for prospective students can be found at: http://www.inp toulouse.fr/_resources/documents/PLAQUETTES/pla quette_uk_etudiants2010-2011.pdf?download=true
• • • http://sustainable-energy.ksu.edu/FIPSE http://www.inp-toulouse.fr/fr/index.html