WHAT IS MIND MAPPING?
• Also known as concept
• It’s a visual illustration of the
relationship between key
ideas and concepts
WHY MIND MAP?
• Allows you to think critically about the
relationship that exists between concepts and
• Its interactive and hands on approach to
• Use of color and visuals allows you to
visualize a lot of terms
• It’s a great way to assess comprehension
AFTER the unit has been taught
• Showa the overall structure of a subject and
the relative importance of individual parts of
HOW DO YOU MIND MAP?
Step 1: Create a key to distinguish
between the five major world religion
H- for Hinduism
B- for Buddhism
J- for Judaism
C- for Christianity
I- for Islam
* Or use different color highlighters!
Step 2: Read through all the terms that you were
given. As you read them, identify which religion each
item belongs to using the key from step one.
Step 3: identify which of the concepts would be easy
to find pictures for or to draw pictures for.
Step 4: On our project paper, write the topic of this
unit “MAJOR WORLD RELIGIONS” in the middle.
Step 5: Write the five religions around the main
Step 6: Around each of the five major religions, branch
out to create the subsections and identify them.
• some subjections might not apply to all the
Step 7: start to write out your mind map using all the
terms that belong to that religion. Work on one religion
at a time.
Leave room for pictures around the word if you
identified it as one you’re going to put a picture for.
• Use color as you go- don’t wait
until the end!
• Use different shapes to present
Sample of how to set it up!
YOU CAN EVEN DO IT ON A COMPUTER!
iMindMap [Buzan's iMindMap® 7 Mind Mapping Software]