3rd Grade Journeys
Transcript 3rd Grade Journeys
3.1: Good Citizens
BIG IDEA: People make a community strong.
A Fine, Fine School by Sharon Creech
The Trial of Cardigan Jones by Tim Egan
Destiny’s Gift by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley
Pop’s Bridge by Eve Bunting
Roberto Clemente by Jonah Winter
3.2: Express Yourself
BIG IDEA: We communicate in many ways.
Max’s Words by Kate Banks
What Do Illustrators Do? By Eileen Christelow
The Harvest Birds by Blanca Lopez de Mariscal
Kamishibai Man by Allen Say
Young Thomas Edison by Michael Dooling
3.3: Learning Lessons
BIG IDEA: Facing a challenge helps us to grow.
• Jump! From the Life of Michael Jordan by Floyd
• The Science Fair By Susan Wojciechowki
• Yonder Mountain by Robert H. Bushyhead
• Aero and Officer Mike by Joan Plummer Russell
• The Extra-good Sunday by Beverly Cleary
3.4: Extreme Nature
BIG IDEA: Our world is an amazing place!
A Mr. Rubbish Mood by Megan McDonald
The Albertosaurus Mystery By T.V. Padma
A Tree is Growing by Arthur Dorros
Dogzilla by Dav Pilkey
Life on the Ice by Susan E. Goodman
3.5: Going Places
BIG IDEA: There are many reasons to take a journey.
Two Bad Ants by Chris Van Allsburg
The Journey: Stories of Migration By Cynthia Rylant
The Journey of Oliver K. Woodman by Darcy Pattison
Dog-of-the-Sea-Waves by James Rumford
Mountains: Surviving on Mt. Everest by Michael Sandler
3.6: Make Your Mark
BIG IDEA: To reach a goal takes hard work.
• The Foot Race Across America
– Paca and the Beetle
• Poetry – Fast Track / Ode to My Shoes
• The Power of Magnets
– Electromagnets and You
• Poetry – Science Fair Project / Magnet
• Becoming Anything He Wants To Be
– My Blue Belt Day!
• Poetry – I chop chop chop / Long Jump
• A New Team of Heroes
• Poetry – Defender / Spellbound
• Saving Buster
– Acting Across Generations
• Poetry – Company’s Coming