ECE 111, Winter 2015
• http://cwc.ucsd.edu/~billlin/classes/ECE111 • Professor Bill Lin – Office hours: TBD, 4310 Atkinson Hall • Lectures: – Section A00: MWF 10-10:50a, PETER 102 – Section B00: MWF 11-11:50a, PETER 102 • No Discussion Sections • TAs: – Section A00: Steven Okai and Jainam Shah – Section B00: Jinwen Huang and Tianyi Yang – Office hours: TBD – Note: You may get help from any of the 4 TAs during their office hours.
• Goal: Learn Verilog-based chip design • Project 1: Simple Fibonacci Calculator – Due 1/23, Pass/No Pass • Project 2: RLE Processor – Due 2/11, Pass/No Pass – – Must re-do if not within 20% of average performance Interim report: TBD • Final Project: SHA1 Security Processor – Due 3/18 (Wed finals week), grading on performance
• See Software Downloads Page http://cwc.ucsd.edu/~billlin/classes/ECE111/software.php
which links to this: http://dl.altera.com/?edition=web • Quartus II Web Edition for Windows – Quartus II Software – ModelSim-Altera Edition – Arria II device support
• Another simulator http://iverilog.icarus.com
• Just runs together with your testbench and prints out whatever is specified in the testbench
• No textbook for this class. Verilog information on class website. Also tutorial examples provided.
• This is NOT a lecture-based class. Class time used to talk about Verilog in the beginning, but mostly about project information for the rest of the quarter.
• Projects done in teams of 2 students.
Useful Altera Websites
• Verilog HDL Basics (50 minutes online course) http://www.altera.com/education/training/courses/OHDL1120 • Demonstration Center http://www.altera.com/education/demonstrations/dem-index.html