Transcript Slide 1
ROTARY INTERNATIONAL DISTRICT 9125
PRESIDENTS ELECT TRAINING SEMINAR
29TH AND 30TH MARCH, 2012
GLOBAL VILLAGE HOTEL AND SUITES
ABUJA-KEFFI EXPRESS WAY
ONE MAN VILLAGE (KORODUMA)
KARU LOCAL GOVERNMENT
TOLU OMATSOLA PAG
DISTRICT TRAINER DESIGNATE
- To prepare Incoming Presidents for their year in
- To give the District Governor-Elect the opportunity
to motivate the Presidents Elect and build their
Retreat – unique concept by District Governor Elect.
No accommodation challenges
Food, water, internet etc available
Encourages interaction and fellowship
Ensures full attention and concentration
Encourages long hours of training in comfortable and relaxed atmosphere
Provides for socials and entertainment within an accessible and safe
facility proximate to the training venue.
CONTEXT OF TRAINING SEMINAR
- Resource persons from within and outside the District
- Power Point Presentations with interaction with participants
- Practical examples with concrete workable suggested
solutions to challenges
- Emphasis on MEMBERSHIP and ROTARY FOUNDATION apart
from the Standard RI recommended topics
- Follow up strategies in achieving set goals and objectives
- Distribution of DVDs containing Presentations
– Time consciousness (Participants and Resource Persons)
– Contributions to be short and straight to the point
– Avoid repetition of points already made
– Mobile Phones, Tablets, iPADs, iPODs etc must be in silent mode
– Dressing is relaxed and informal
We dress in T-shirts for more comfortable learning
– Avoid side talk or conversations with neighbours
– Catch the eye of the DGE before talking by raising up your hand
– No shouting or use of strong or abusive language
– Avoid rushing for food or any materials as there is sufficient quantity to go
– You can stand up to stretch your legs without distracting your neighbour
• This PETS is NOT like the ones before it.
• Different RI President, RI Theme, Areas of Focus.
• Different DG with different style, ideas, passion,
vision and challenges.
• Different approach to finding solutions.
• New concepts and innovations in Rotary and our
respective States and Cities.
• Fresh ideas from new members of the Team.
a) A person who does a job without being paid for it.
b) A person who offers to do something without being
forced to do it.
There is no compulsion or duress.
Encouragement, motivation and the right incentive
Bear this in mind as we go through this training.
• Please appreciate the passion of DGE Felix
who is fully and totally committed to making
his year a huge success by identifying with and
putting in your time, talent and resources to
assist him in achieving his goal.
• The pace of this Rotary year is going to be
intense and I will appeal that we keep up.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
I WISH YOU
AN ENOYABLE STAY