Lab Module 02

download report

Transcript Lab Module 02

Learning Simio Lab Series 1 Lab Module 02

Serial Manufacturing Line

Copyright © 2013 - Jeffrey S. Smith and Simio LLC | All Rights Reserved 1

Objectives and Outline

• Lab Objectives – Continue learning basic Simio modeling – Understand the basics of symbols and the default object instance symbol list – Lean about experiment responses – Learn how to use SMORE plots • Lab Outline – Video 1 - Describe the 3-stage manufacturing system to be modeled, build the basic model, and verify the model – Video 2 – Add symbols to the model and learn how to change entity and server symbols as the model runs – Video 3 – Add experiment responses and view/interpret the Response Results (SMORE plots) – Video 4 - Assignment

Copyright © 2013 - Jeffrey S. Smith and Simio LLC | All Rights Reserved 2

Serial Manufacturing Line

Parts arrive at the rate of 60/hour.

Machine Machining requires approximately 45 seconds/part.

10% of machined parts require re machining Grind Grinding requires approximately 55 seconds/part.

10% of ground parts are deemed “bad” and are disposed of.

Package Packaging requires approximately 63 seconds/part.

Copyright © 2013 - Jeffrey S. Smith and Simio LLC | All Rights Reserved 3

Build the Model!

Copyright © 2013 - Jeffrey S. Smith and Simio LLC | All Rights Reserved 4

Video 03 – Experiment Responses and Response Results

• A response is a Simio expression that is evaluated at the end of a replication. Responses can have: – Units (e.g., Time) – Objective (minimize or maximize) – Lower and Upper bounds • For our model, we’ll develop responses for: – Server utilization (Machine, Grind, Package) – Average time in system (for the population of Parts entities) – Average number in system (for the population of Parts entities)

Copyright © 2013 - Jeffrey S. Smith and Simio LLC | All Rights Reserved 5

SMORE Plots

Nelson, B.L., “The MORE Plot: Displaying Measures of Risk and Error from Simulation Output,”

Proceedings of the 2008 Winter Simulation Conference

Video 04 - Assignment

• Add Inspection and Rework steps after Grinding – After the grinding process, all parts go through an inspection step. There is a single inspector and the inspection takes between 30 and 50 seconds (uniformly distributed). 20% of the inspected parts are found to need rework (the remaining 80% go to packaging). There are two rework operators and rework takes between 5 and 10 minutes (uniformly distributed). 50% of the parts are still bad after rework and are scraped. The remaining 50% are sent to packaging.

• Modify the model based on the system changes. Create responses for the following: – Server utilizations (Machine, Grind, Inspect, Rework, Packaging) – Time in system for the entire part population – Time in system for good parts – Time in system for scrapped parts – Number of parts in the system – Number of parts in the Input Buffer for the Packaging station (hint – you will need to use the expression editor to “explore” the Package server object components to determine the appropriate expression)

Copyright © 2013 - Jeffrey S. Smith and Simio LLC | All Rights Reserved 7