Transcript uniform regulations and grooming standards
UNIFORM REGULATIONS AND GROOMING STANDARDS
WEARING UNIFORMS WITH PRIDE
- Uniforms should reflect pride in yourself, the United States Navy, and the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps.
- REMEMBER: You are wearing a US Navy uniform. This means that you should not only wear your uniform smartly but also conduct yourself in a manner befitting of a member of the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps.
DUNGAREES (PRIMARY WORK UNIFORM)
• • • • • • • • Dungaree Blouse Dungaree Trousers Cover / Ball Cap Black belt with silver buckle Working Boots White Under Shirt Black Socks ID
DRESS WHITES (PRIMARY DRESS UNIFORM)
• • • • • • • • Jumper top Jumper pants Neckerchief Dixie Cup / Combination cover Black socks Black dress shoes (SHINED) White Under shirt Worn by Sea Cadets
SALT AND PEPPERS (LEAGUE CADET DRESS UNIFORM)
• • • • • • • Short sleeve button down shirt Black trousers Black belt with silver buckle Dixie Cup / Garrison Black dress shoes (SHINED) Black socks White undershirt
GROOMING STANDARDS FOR MALES
• • • • • • Hair will be neat and clean and present a groomed appearance. Hair above the ears and around the neck will be tapered from the lower hairline upward at least 3/4 inch. Hair on the back of the neck may not touch the collar. Hair will be no longer than 4 inches May not interfere with proper wearing of the headgear.
Clean Shaven Hair color should be natural and complement the individual
Males * Bulk Not Greater than 2 inches.
* No one hair longer that 4 inches.
* Sideburns must not fall below the middle ear.
* Mustache must be above the upper lip and cannot extend more than 1/4 inch.
* No beards.
• • • •
GROOMING STANDARDS FOR FEMALES
Hair must be neatly arranged and styled to present a feminine appearance but may not fall below the lower edge of the uniform collar.
The only ornaments permitted in the hair are bobby pins (inconspicuously arranged) and barrettes (two maximum) of a color that matches the hair.
Fingernails must not exceed 1/4 inch measured from the tip of the finger. Nail polish must be a soft shade, complementary to the skin tone.
Cosmetics should be of conservative color and applied sparingly. No eccentricities or faddishness of dress, jewelry, or grooming is permitted.
• • • Earrings must be the 6-mm ball (approximately 1/4 inch) type with a brushed matte finish; either the screw-on or post type may be worn. Silver.
While in uniform, women may wear one necklace or choker; but it must not be visible.
Adherence to these grooming standards is MANDATORY.
• • • • ALL uniform items must be clearly marked with the cadets last name.
ID cards are a mandatory part of your uniform.
Boots and dress shoes must be shined Patches and rank must be on all uniforms where appropriate. (Refer to handout) •
PT gear :
– White T-shirt or Sea Cadet issued T-shirt – Navy blue or black athletic shorts – White socks and athletic shoes.
• • • • Not wearing appropriate USNSCC insignia or not complying with uniform regulation is ground for
from the USNSCC.
ARE NOT TOLERATED
! Coming to drill with a wrinkled, dirty, or otherwise unacceptable uniform shows
lack of respect
for your unit, the USNSCC, and the Can lead to immediate consequences .
Shining Boots and Shoes
Brush off any dirt or dust on the boot, from heel to toe with the hard-bristled brush
Wrap the duster cloth around your index finger, making sure there are no wrinkles. Apply a medium layer of polish to the boot using the duster and your finger. Rubbing in until a faint shine starts to show.
Once the faint shine comes through and the polish has been worked into the boot, take your index finger and the cloth and dip it lightly into the water, and start rubbing it into the boot over the polish in small circles about an inch wide. Keep doing this until a greater shine comes through and the swirls start to disappear.
Leave it to dry for a few minutes, and then once dry, take your index finger again and apply a thin layer of polish to the boot, start rubbing it in until an even better shine comes through, then apply the water to it using the method in Step 3. Leave to dry again.
Take the damp index finger and apply a tiny dot of polish to the boot and work in till it shines. Make sure that the cloth is very damp but not dripping. Repeat Step 5 until you get the desired level of shine
Take the duster (fold it into a smallish rectangle) or soft shoe brush and buff the boot all over until it starts to shine as much as you want it to be.
WEAR YOUR UNIFORM WITH PRIDE AND RESPECT; REMEMBER, SAILORS HAVE DIED WEARING THE UNIFORM YOU WEAR.
ALL PARTS OF THE UNIFORM MUST BE WORN
ADHERE TO ALL UNIFORM REGULATIONS AND GROOMING STANDARDS.