Generic Atarax Treatment For Allergy and Hypersensitivity
Transcript Generic Atarax Treatment For Allergy and Hypersensitivity
Summary on Generic Atarax
• Generic Atarax is an oral medicine that help to reduce the
symptoms of allergic rhinitis, urticaria or skin allergy like
runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, skin rash and skin
• It is also useful as a tranquilizer in management of anxiety.
• The active component present in Atarax is Hydroxyzine
Hydrochloride which belongs to class of drugs known as
• Generic Atarax is easily available at affordable prices.
Drug Mechanism of Generic Atarax
• When the body is exposed to an allergen, which a
substance that triggers the allergic reaction, there is
release of substance known as histamine.
• This histamine is responsible for producing the symptoms
• Generic Atarax (Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride) is an
antihistamine drug that blocks the action of histamine on
H1 receptors, thus providing relief from allergy symptoms.
• Do not limit or exceed the prescribed dose and duration than
recommended by the physician.
• The generally prescribed dose is 25mg-100mg
• The dose depends on the condition to be treated.
• Do not break, chew or crush the tablet.
• Take this medicine with a glass of water
• This medicine can be taken with or without meals
• The commonly seen adverse effects of Generic
Atarax are as follows –
• Stop taking Generic Atarax and ask for immediate
medical help if you experience following side effects
The Word Of Caution
Never administer Generic Atarax to children unless recommended by the
Tell your complete medical history to your doctor before taking this
If you miss your dose, take it as soon as you remember, but never take
two doses at a time.
Skip the miss dose if it almost the time for your next scheduled dose.
Overdose is suspected if you experience symptoms such as nausea,
vomiting, drowsiness, sleepiness and confusion.
Avoid alcohol consumption as it can aggravate the action of Generic
Atarax, especially drowsiness.
The Word Of Caution
Avoid any activity that requires high degree of mental alertness while
taking this medicine.
Do not consume this medicine if you are allergic to its active component.
Do not consume Generic Atarax if you are suffering from epilepsy or
convulsions, bronchial asthma, emphysema, heart or brain disorder, thyroid
dysfunction, glaucoma, enlarged prostate, liver or kidney dysfunction.
Generic Atarax should be restricted during pregnancy and breast-feeding. It
could harm the fetus and newborn.
This medicine in not suitable for use in older people as they are more
prone to side effects.