Transcript Interim Project Report group 5
Group 5 Interim Report
Amanda Edelman, Alex Libardoni, Maria Pregnolato, Derek Rosendahl, Katrin Sedlmeier, Julie Shortridge, and Heather Yocum ASP Colloquium, July 31, 2014
– Developing a Proposal on Decision Making Under Uncertainty for The National Science Foundation •
– Develop an integrated framework that will support stakeholder driven climate adaptation plans for urban areas
Overarching research question:
– Does using an iterative, stakeholder-driven approach improve outcomes such as consensus, generation of alternatives and social learning?
– Develop methodology / framework – Implement framework in two U.S. urban areas
What do Stakeholders Need?
Initial Meeting: Collaborate to identify useful and feasible tools and information Feedback throughout process What Can Climate/Impact Science Provide?
Identify the Most Problematic Climate Events and Impacts for the City Develop future projections Develop tools Final Meeting: Presentation of final tools and discussion of process
Who is Doing What?
Stakeholder Engagement: Amanda and Heather Climate Scientists: Alex, Derek, and Katrin Impact Modelers: Julie and Maria
• How will outcomes be evaluated?
• Which factors (i.e. vulnerabilities, population, location) will be tested?
• Which cities will be research sites?
Insights from the audience appreciated!