Unit 1: Please Call Me Beth Assignment
Transcript Unit 1: Please Call Me Beth Assignment
Unit 1: Please Call Me Beth
Part (A) Choose the correct Response
1. Hi, I’m Nicole. __________________.
(A) Oh, Hi. I am Michael.
(B) What do people call you?
2. My name is Ming-Chuan Young. B: ________________
(A) Nice to meet you, Ming-Chuan.
(B) Let’s go and say hello.
3. Hello, I am a new club member. B: _____________.
4. I’m sorry. What is your name again? B: __________.
(B) Joe King
5. How do you spell your name? B: _____________.
(A) I am Antonio.
6. How do you do? B: _________________.
(A) How do you do?
(B) I am fine, thanks.
7. How are you doing? B: _______________.
(A) I am doing fine.
(B) I am doing homework.
Part (B) Write the questions
A: What is your first name?
B: My first name is Bob.
A: What’s your last name?
B: My last name is Wu.
A: What do your friends call you?
B: My friends call me Bob.
A: Where are you from?
B: I am from Brazil.
1. They are my classmates. ______________
names are Noriko and Kate.
2. We are students. _________
classroom number is 108-C
3. Excuse me. What’s ___________
4. That’s Mr. Kim. _________
is in my class.
5. This is Paul’s wife. ___________
name is Jennifer.
6. My parents are on vacation. _________
are in Korea.
7. I am From Venice, Italy. ________
is a beautiful city.
Part (D) : Complete the conversation with
is, am, are
1. Who ________________
the men over there? .
2. They _________
on the volley team. Let me introduce you.
3. Hi, Sarah, this __________
4. Pleased to meet you, Lisa.
5. Nice to meet you, too. Where __________
6. I ___________
7. And this is _________
Mario. He _______
Part (E) : Use Contractions Where Possible
1. Hello. __________________
Alex Lam. And this is my sister, Amy.
2. Hi. _______________
3. Are you from South America, Tina?
4. Yes, ___________.
from Argentina. Where are
you and your sister from, Alex?
6. Are you from Taiwan?
I’m not. _____________
7. No, _____________
Part (F) : Write the Questions
A: . Are you on vacation here?
B: No, I’m not on vacation. I am a student here.
A: Is your class interesting?
B:Yes, my class is very interesting.
A: Are you from Spain?
B: No, We’re not from Spain. We’re from Mexico.
A: Is your teacher Mr. Brown?
B: No, my teacher isn’t Mr. Brown. I am in Ms. West’s class.