Florida Standards Assessments
FSA Regional Trainings
What is TIDE?
• TIDE stands for Test Information
• Central management tool for computerand paper-based testing
• Used to manage:
District- and school-level users
Testing and test materials
Test Delivery System Overview
TIDE User Roles
TIDE is organized by user role
and access to certain tasks, and
functions are assigned to
A detailed list of roles and their
access to tasks is available in
the TIDE User Guide.
User Role Chart
Common Login System
TIDE and any FSA system can
be accessed from the FSA
The same username (email
address) and password are
used to access each of the
• Initial DAC accounts were created by FDOE and AIR.
• New users can be added by district- or school-level users.
• Newly added users will receive an automated email that
contains the following:
Their assigned user role(s)
The applications to which they have access
A secure, temporary, one-time link to activate the
• If a user has not received this email, or if the link has expired,
contact the FSA Help Desk.
To access TIDE, you will need:
• Username (email address) and password
• High-speed Internet connection
• Supported Internet browser
• Disabled pop-up blockers
• Access the FSA portal at
• Select the appropriate role
• Click the TIDE icon
When prompted, the
user should enter his or
her username (email
address) and password.
After a user has logged
in, he or she may be
prompted to choose an
depending on the user’s
Manage Users Tab
The Manage Users tab may be used to:
• Search for user records
• Export a list of user records
• View and/or edit user records
• Delete user records
• Add a new individual user
• Upload a group of users
Adding a User
• To add an individual user, select the Add User tab.
• Select the role that will be assigned to the user, fill in
the required fields, and click Add User.
To add a large group of users, select the Upload Users tab.
• Download an Excel or CSV template and add new user information.
Add users to the fields.
• A user can be added to multiple roles by creating an additional
record for each role.
To upload the file, click Browse to locate the saved file, and start the upload
Manage Users: View/Edit Users
• Use the search feature to find the user(s) you wish to view or edit.
• Click the Search button after all search criteria have been selected/entered.
Manage Users: View/Edit Users
• To view or edit a user’s record, click the View button next to the user’s
• Authorized users may edit the user’s
first name, last name, and phone
• Click Save to save changes or Go Back
To Search Results to return to results
without making changes.
Manage Users: Export a List of Users
• To export the list of users, click the “check all” box at the top left corner
of the table or select a subgroup of users by clicking the check box
next to each record you want to include in the export.
• Click Export and select the desired export format (Excel or CSV).
Manage Users: Delete a User
• To delete a user, click the check box next to the user’s record and
click the Delete button.
• A confirmation screen will appear.
Student Information Tab
The Student Information tab may be used to:
• Add a new student
• Search for students and view student information
• Export a list of students
• Print test tickets for computer-based testing
• Move a student to a different school in the district
• Print On-Demand PreID labels
Student Information Tab: Add Student
To add a single student record,
select Add Students.
• Select the correct district
and school and fill in
• Save the entry.
Student Information Tab: View/Edit Students
To view or edit student records, select View/Edit Students.
• Fill in information to help narrow results and click Search.
Student Information: View a Student Record
To view a student’s record, click the View button for that record.
View Student: Student Information
• The top of the View Student
Details box contains the
demographic information for
the selected student.
• District and School
Assessment Coordinators will
also be able to edit all
student information except for
the student’s SID and
reporting ID on this screen.
• Student information can be
updated before or after
Student Information: Export a List of Students
• Search for students. You may sort the results by clicking on the column header.
• You may select a subgroup of students to export by clicking the check box next
to each record you want to include in the export.
• To export the list of students, click Export and select the desired export format
(Excel or CSV).
Student Information: Moving Students
• To reassign a student’s home
school, click the check box next
to the student and select Move
• A screen will appear verifying
the student’s information. Select
a new school for the student
and click Move Student(s).
Student Information: Printing Test Tickets
for Computer-Based Testing
• Students participating in
computer-based testing will be
required to have a test ticket.
• From the student search results
page, select all students or a
subgroup of students, and click
Print Test Tickets.
• The tickets containing the
students’ username and other
demographic information will be
made available for printing.
Note: To print Test Tickets by class
code, use the additional search
criteria when searching for students
on the View/Edit Students tab.
Student Information: Printing PreID Labels
for Paper-Based Testing
• PreID labels are included in the test materials shipments.
• PreID Labels may be printed on-demand locally for any students who were
not included in the original PreID upload or for students who transferred to
a school after the PreID upload.
• To Print PreID Labels,
Click the check box next to
the student(s) and click
Print PreID Labels.
A file will open with the
new PreID Labels.
Print on the blank labels
provided in the paperbased materials shipment.
Create a new roster or add students to an existing roster.
Manage Rosters: New Roster
To create a new roster, enter a name, select a school user and grade,
and populate the roster by using the Move In button.
Manage Rosters: View/Edit Roster
• To edit an existing roster, select the roster you would like to edit from
the Rosters tab.
• Select students to Move In or Move Out of the roster. Click Save.
Invalidations and Requests
The Invalidations and Requests tab may be used by District and School
Assessment Coordinators to create and view test invalidations and
Invalidations and Requests: Search
To view or check on a test invalidation or request, use the View
Invalidations and Requests tab.
Other TIDE Resources
• TIDE User Guide
• TIDE Webinar (February)
• Test Administrator User Guide
7:00 a.m.–8:30 p.m. (ET)