Jharkhand at a Glance - Department of Industry, Jharkhand
Jharkhand at a Glance - Department of Industry, Jharkhand
Per capita Income
- Rs 34,500/-
Industrial Use of Water
(3.34% of National Forest Area)
(NSS Data 2008-09)
- 66.46% (71.49%)
12. Medical College
13. Pharmacy College
14. Engineering College
12 (1 + 1 +10)
15. Polytechnic College
16. Management Institute -
Policy Support and Brief Infrastructure Status
New JIP 2011 Draft : It is giving importance to employment generating
sector e.g. IT, Textile & Apparel, Agro & Food
Processing, Automobile & Auto Components etc.
R&R Policy 2008
Acquisition Policy 2011 : Benefit to raiyat will be more than
double than normal land acquisition.
Consent Land acquisition
Consented Land registration : Electrosteel, Essar Power
Abhijit, Jindal etc.
: Rs-12000/annual/Acre for 30 year
: On negotiated rate
On line registration
e-registration /land documents
Existence of State Pollution Control Board
Coordinated Support by High Power Committee Headed by CS
Security Support : Opening of PS/ deployment of force, Raising
of Industrial security force.
10. Experience of BOOT/PPP supported Project :
Adityapur –Kandra Road, Adityapur-Toll Bridge, Jharnet
(SWAN), Pragya Kendra (CSC), State Data Centre / Cluster
Development – Auto cluster, ITI and other academic institution,
Tourism projects, E-registration of land document.
Major Road Network e.g. Ranchi Ring Roads, Flyovers,
Jamshedpur-Kandra-Adityapur-Sariakela Road. Eastern-Western
corridor project at Jamshedpur.
ITIs, Engineering college etc.
10. Infrastructure Support :
Airport upgradation of Ranchi.
Existence of Airport at Jamshedpur, Bokaro, Dumka for smaller
Upgradation / creation of new Airport at Dhanbad, Deoghar,
Widening of (4 lane) NH 33 Barhi-Baharagora.
NH-2 passes across State connects Delhi-Koderma-DhanbadKolkatta.
Heavy expenditure on Road infrastructure > Rs 1500 crore in
2011-12 by State Government besides PMGSY > Rs 1000 crore for
Installed capacity of power 2590 MW, addition of 1000 MW by
Oct 2011 and 5000 MW addition by 2014-15.
Development of dedicated freight corridor from KiriburuChaibasa-Jamshedpur.
Railway connectivity 5 Rajdhani, few Shatabdi & Jan Shatabadi
link States with Delhi, Kolkata, Patna etc. Increased connectivity
to trains to rest of the Country.
Advantages to Investors
Mineral and Raw materials adequate availabilities.
2. Existence of Industrial culture in Jamshedpur, Ranchi,
Bokaro, Dhanbad, Ramgrah, Giridih, Hazaribag,
3. Excellent Banglore like climatic condition for the growth
of Education and IT sector in Ranchi, Hazaribag,
Deoghar and other imfrastructure in Jamshedpur,
Bokaro, Dhanbad etc.
4. Large scale presence of consultancy organisation e.g.
Mecon, CMPDI, CIMRI, SAIL R&D, ISM, NIT, IIM, XLRI,
National Lac Research, HARP, CSB etc.
5. Availability of automobile grade steel.
6. Steel Production about 12 MT, may go up to 16-17 MT
by 2012, about 25% of total national production.
7. New major investment are being grounded e.g. JSPLPatratu, Electrosteel, Abhijit- Power plant- Chandwa
(Latehar), Adhunik power, Kandra, ULTRA Mega
8. New area for industrial growth emerges.
(i) Ramgarah - Patratu
: Steel, Cement, Coal washery
(ii) Saraikela- AdityapurJamshedpur
: Steel, Cement, Automobiles
(iii) Chandwa- Latehar
: Refractories, retails, hotels
: Religious Tourism, Hotel, Retails
: Retails, hotels
9. Inland Container and dry port Jamshedpur
10. STPI Ranchi
11. Industrial Area with adequate infrastructure
12. State had 40-45% share of M&HCV, along strong
presence of ancillary auto industries e.g. RKFL, RSB,
JMT, Oracle Auto, Jamuna, Metalsa etc.
Economy at a glance
State economy is primarily manufacturing based (42% of GSDP)
Contribution of Tertiary
sector to the GSDP has
Manufacturing Sector – Existing
Jindal Steel & Power
Indo Asahi Glass
Usha Martin, HEC
TISCO, TIN Plate, Lafarge
Private Sector Investment in Jharkhand
Micro and Small Scale
Medium Scale and Large Scale
Mega Investment (being
implemented) (Steel and CPP)
IPP – Power Plant
Private Sector Investment (Large Scale ) in Jharkhand
J P Cement
Tata Blue Scope
Major Investment in Jharkhand during 11th Plan
Name of Companies
M/s Tata Steel Ltd (Expansion)
M/s Electrosteel Steels Ltd
M/s Tata Blue Scope
M/s Hindalco Industries,
M/s Jay Pee Cement
M/s Enox Air Product
M/s Jindal Steel & Power Ltd.
Patratu (Rolling Mill)
Steel & Power
M/s Kohinoor Steel Pvt.Ltd.
M/s Adhunic Alloy & Power Ltd.
M/s Vallabh Steel Ltd.
M/s Rungta Mines Ltd.
M/s AML Steel & Power Ltd.
M/s Usha Beltron Ltd,
M/s Atibir Industries Co. Ltd
(Rs. in Crs)
629.00 Steel along with CPP
Name of Companies
M/s Swati Udyog Pvt . Ltd
Juri East Singhbhum
M/s TATA Motors
M/s B.M.W Industries Ltd
M/s Aditya Birla Chemicals
M/s Ram Krishna Forging Ltd.
M/s Jharkhand Ispat Pvt.Ltd.
M/s Ram Krishna Forging, Ring
M/s Brahmputra Metallic Ltd.
Power (IPP) 4 Units
(Rs. in Crs)
66.35 Auto Component
79.37 Auto Component
Targets for Industrial Production: 2012-13 to 2017-18
12 Million MT to 25 Million MT
1.1 Million MT to 1.8 Million MT
0.45 Million MT to 0.8 Million MT
Entrepreneurship development: EDC at Adityapur 3 More to come in next
56 Industrial Clusters have been identified, In Six, Progress already started.
25 additional will be taken up during this plan period.
Three Tool rooms on PPP – Three at Bokaro-Dhanbad, Ramghar-Patratu,
Palamu-Chandva to be taken.
Ancillary Cluster- Proposed in proximity with big steel and other Plants.
Expansion of BSL at Bokaro, redevelopment of Sindri.
Partially executed MoU: Bhushan Steel (1.2 MT), JSPL (2.5 MT), Electro
Steel (0.5 MT), BSL Expansion, Adhunik and Corporate Ispat.
Knowledge Park / City Proposed at Khunti – Approx 800 acres earmarked.
Sector specific Ancillary & downstream processing industrial parks have
been set up (preferably in association with mother plants).
In line with Special Economic Zone Act 2006 of GOI, Product Specific
Automobile and Auto component, SEZ at Adityapur has been sanctioned
and is under implementation.
Software Technology Park (STP) at Ranchi -operational. Additional two at
Jamshedpur and Dhanbad are under implementation
Silk / Handloom/ Handicraft
1. Raw silk production 716 MT, expected 1000 MT by 2011-12.
2. Beneficiary farmers engage in rearing cocoons 1.5 lacs.
3. Average income increased from additional annual Rs 5000/- to 30,00035,000/4. 5000 reeler / spinner have been trained and functioning, with annual
income Rs 50,000-60,000/5. Weaving of silk / cotton / wool is being done by 35 clusters invovling
52,500 weavers along 110 primary weavers cooperative society. engaging
6. Handicraft has covered 40,000 families, by end of 11th plan 50,000
families will be covered. Income generation Rs 3,000 - 5,000 per month
7. Total jobs created will be 2.6 lacs.
8. State is producing ‘Organic Silk’ certified by One Cert- an USA certifying
9. Jharcraft- a PSU, constituted to provide complete solution regarding
training, designing and marketing. It has has obtained license for exports.
10. 12. 5 lakh rural family will be added as Rearers during Plan Period. (now
65000 per Yr)
11. In Handloom sector 30,000 weavers will be added in job chain / every
year (total 1.5 lacs family in plan period).
12. In Handicraft sector, 50,000 artisans per annum will be added (total
addition 2.5 lacs families)
13. Additional job of 9.0 lacs will be created.
14. Construction of Common Facility Centers / workshops /workshops cum
residence for weavers under Cluster Development Programme.
15. Establishment of Central Processing Units (for dyeing, finishing, processing)
and Urban-hat (for sale of products)
16. Development of Silk Park at Sariakela-Kharsawan.
17. Development of Textile- readymade garment cluster near ormanghi, Ranchi
MSME in Jharkhand – Incentives for growth
During JIP 2001, 2742 units with investment of Rs 376.84 crore, generated
employment of 22021.
State government has also issued instructions for implementation of Micro,
Small, Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 including the setting up of
the Facilitation Council to resolve the disputes in payment
State government is working with the Banks to promote credit flow to the
SMEs through various forums including the restructuring of accounts to
counteract the economic slowdown
The govt. is also promoting clusterization of industries so that collectively
economies of scale are achieved.
Mega Food Park in Ranchi with Rs 110 crore in implementation.
Refractory Cluster in Chirkunda, Cement cluster in Ramgarh is in progress.
Baccon Factory under PPP mode is being developed.
Barhi growth centre with 350 acre land is being proposed to be developed in
Super speciality hospital at Ranchi is being developed in PPP.
Adityapur, near Jamshedpur has over 900 industries in the MSME sector.
Adityapur – Sariakela is emerging as auto hub.
Possibilities for investment
1. Development of Brahi Growth Centre 350 Acre
2. Development of Devipur industrial State
3. Development of Industrial corridoe on NH 33
4. IT and related industries- BPO
5. Automobile clusters and manufacturing of Two
Wheeler, Four Wheeler and commercial vehicles
6. Cluster development : Cement, Refractories,
Autocluster, Hand tool cluster, Bhendra, Bras metal,
7. PPP mode educational/skill development institution.
8. Super specialities hospitals, Luxury and Budget
hotels, Air taxi
9. Infrastructure development in PPP
10. Joint venture/PPP mode exploitation of mines
Challenges to investment
1. Identification of Genuine need of land for particular
2. Correct identification of project site
3. Acquisition of land with satisfaction of villager
4. Mines clearances from Ministries of MOEF, GOI
5. Start of Mining activities in reserved forest
6. Linkages of raw material with private mines, PSU and
7. Clearance and development of railway siding, power