Year 9 Options Speech to Parents
Transcript Year 9 Options Speech to Parents
Year 9 Options
Year 10 & 11 in 2015-17
• 9 (high)
• 1 (low)
• English and Maths new curriculum
• More challenging, so 20% more time needed.
• Reluctantly therefore, we have to drop an option.
• Shift from attainment to progress
• Focus is no longer on getting a C grade
• Every student needs to reach their target e.g. 7
• No indication yet what ‘good’ attainment is
• We will keep you informed....
GCSE English Language
GCSE Triple Science
GCSE English Literature
GCSE Religious Studies
GCSE Technology Option from Year 8 GCSE French
GCSE Double Science
GCSE Business Studies
Certificate of Financial Education
Not sure which option to pick,
but would like to be in a class
which has extra support for
Literacy and/or SEN. *
GCSE Media Studies
BTEC Health & Social Care
The English Baccalaurate
Two or Double Science (including Computer Science)
Geography or History
A modern language (French, Spanish, German or
A*-C in all of these subjects
Not a qualification, a performance measure
• Thursday 15th January – Year 9 Parents and
• Thursday 22nd January – Learning for Life Taster
• Monday 2nd February – Deadline for Options
• After half term – confirmation of your Options
• Dave Williams
• Assistant Director Post-16
• Available in the foyer for
14-19 Studio School
Opening September 2015
Based on The Grange Site
Specialisms in high tech industries,
advanced engineering and creative
and digital industries and the
proposers will work in partnership
with a number of local employers
across south Gloucestershire.
Martina Veale – Principal
Available in the Foyer for any
Staff available for advice this evening
Available in the Foyer
• Dan East – GCSE Business Studies and Certificate in Finance
• Jess Nash – GCSE Photography
• Pete O’Donnell – GCSE Art & Design
• Hannah Weatherson – GCSE Media Studies
speak to staff
• Emma Channing – GCSE Dance
• Debbi Reed – BTEC Health and Social Care
• Kevin Milburn – GCSE Science options
• David Williams – Assistant Director of Post-16
• Martina Veale – Principal of Digitech Studio School
• Hilary Meakin (GCSE Italian) – Main Hall
Taster Day 22nd January
Health & Social Care
• Should I study this subject? Ask your subject teacher.
• Don’t know what to pick? Ask your Head of
• I think I want to study Business, but I don’t know what
it involves. Taster day on 22nd January.
• Argh, don’t understand the options process? Ask me!
Options Information Speeches
with Ms Willis – Vice Principal
The speech will last 10 minutes.
Ms Willis is available for questions
For info: Religious education in English
schools: Non-statutory guidance 2010
All academies are required, through their
funding agreements, to teach RE.
For academies without a religious character, this
will be the locally agreed syllabus.
All pupils are entitled to receive RE as part of a
broad and balanced curriculum at school
which promotes their spiritual, moral, social
and cultural development.