the passion - Shield of Faith TV
the passion - Shield of Faith TV
By Eric Pitcock
A. Birth and Childhood (5 BC - 25 AD)
· Birth in Bethlehem Matthew 1:18-25
· Circumcised and named on the eighth day Luke 2:21
· Taken to Jerusalem to be offered to the Lord after
Mary’s days of purification Luke 2:22-38
· Flight into Egypt / Return to Nazareth Matthew 2:13-18
· Jesus grows up in Nazareth Luke 2:39-52
· At the age of twelve (7-8 AD) He taken by Mary and
Joseph to the temple in Jerusalem where He is found
speaking with the religious leaders. Luke 2:41-50
B. The Beginning of His Public Ministry (27 AD)
· Baptised by John in River Jordan Matthew 3:13-17
· Tempted by Satan in the wilderness Matthew 4:1-11
· Calling of the first disciples John 1:35-51
· Jesus performs His first miracle (changing
water into wine) at a marriage feast in Cana of Galilee
· Capernaum becomes Jesus’ base John 2:12
· Visits Jerusalem and cleanses the temple for the first
time John 2:13-22
· Nicodemus comes to Jesus by night John 3:1-21
· Meeting with the Samaritan women near Jacob’s well
C. Jesus’ Ministry in Galilee Region (27-29 AD)
· · A demon-possessed man delivered in a synagogue in Capernaum Mark 1:21-28
· Peter’s mother-in-law healed Matthew 8:14-17
· Leper healed Luke 5:12-16
· A paralytic healed Matthew 9:1-8
· Jesus calls Matthew Matthew 9:9-13
· Man with a withered hand healed Matthew 12:9-14woman healed Matthew 15:21-28
· Sick people of Decapolis healed Matthew 15:29-31
· Feeding of 4,000 Matthew 15:32-39
· Blind man healed in Magdala Matthew 16:5-12
· Peter declares that Jesus is the Son of the Living God - Messiah Matthew 16:13-20
· Jesus speaks of His death Matthew 16:21-26
· The Transfiguration Matthew 17:1-13
· Epileptic healed Matthew 17:14-21
· Tax money found in fishes mouth Matthew 17:22-23
· Jesus leaves Galilee / Rejected by the Samaritan Matthew 19:1
D. Ministry in Judea and Perea (29-30 AD)
· Jesus attends Feast of tabernacles in Jerusalem John 7:2,11-52
· Woman caught in adultery John 7:53-8:11
· Religious leaders accuse Jesus of being in league with Beelzebub Luke 11:14-36
· Jesus rebukes the religious leaders Luke 11:37-54
· Crippled woman healed Luke 13:10-17
· Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem John 10:22-39
· Meal with Pharisee / Man with dropsy healed Luke 14:1-24
· Parables: Lost Sheep, Lost Coin, Lost Son, Unjust Steward, Rich man and Lazarus Luke
· Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead John 11:1-44
· Jesus returns to Galilee for the last time Luke 17:11
· Healing of the ten lepers Luke 17:12-19
· Teaching about coming Kingdom and Prayer Luke 17 :20-37
· Speaks with rich young ruler in Perea Matthew 19:16-30
· Foretells His death and resurrection Matthew 20:17-19
- Triumphant Entry into Jerusalem Matthew 21:1-9
· Monday - Fig tree cursed / Temple cleansed Matthew 21:10-19
· - Parables: Two Sons, Wicked Husbandmen, Marriage Feast
· Question about paying taxes to Caesar Matthew 22:15-22
· Questions about the resurrection and commandments
· Jesus questions religious leaders about David’ Son Matthew
·Lu 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to
eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it
be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
Gethsemene / Prayer / Arrest Matthew 26:30-46
Mt 26:36 ¶ Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place
called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye
here, while I go and pray yonder.
37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of
Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding
sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch
39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and
prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup
pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Mt 26:40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth
them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not
watch with me one hour?
41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation:
the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
42 He went away again the second time, and prayed,
saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from
me, except I drink it, thy will be done. Lu 22:44 And
being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his
sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down
to the ground.
Mt 26:56 But all this was done, that
the scriptures of the prophets might
be fulfilled. Then all the disciples
forsook him, and fled.
57 ¶ And they that had laid hold on
Jesus led him away to Caiaphas the
high priest, where the scribes and the
elders were assembled.
Mt 27:26 ¶ Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had
scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common
hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers.
28 And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.
29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his
head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before
him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
30 And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the
31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from
him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify
32 And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by
name: him they compelled to bear his cross.
Tried before men and
sentenced to death
Mr 15:15 ¶ And so Pilate,
willing to content the
Barabbas unto them, and
delivered Jesus, when he
had scourged him, to be
Mt 27:41 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the
scribes and elders, said,
42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of
Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe
Lu 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for
they know not what they do.
Lu 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To
day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Joh 19:26 When Jesus
therefore saw his mother,
and the disciple standing by,
whom he loved, he saith unto
his mother, Woman, behold
27 Then saith he to the
disciple, Behold thy mother!
Eli, Eli, lama
sabachthani? that is to
say, My God, my God,
why hast thou forsaken
Joh 19:28 After
knowing that all
things were now
that the scripture
might be fulfilled,
saith, I thirst.
Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the
vinegar, he said, It is finished:
Lu 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he
said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and
having said thus, he gave up the ghost.