Transcript MICE in Asia
Development of MICE in Asia
What is MICE?
• An industry that provides services and planning to host events/conferences/exhibitions in order to enhance business or professional development.
M:Meetings I:Incentives MICE C:Conferences/Conventions E:Exhibitions/Events
What is MICE Industry?
• Also called ‘meeting industry’ and ‘events industry’ • A service industry that covers trade, transportation, finance, advertising, public relations, travel, and so on.
• Beginning point: the need for business
• Features: 3 Highs High growth potential High added values Highly beneficial innovations 3 Larges Large output Large opportunities for employment Large industry associations a hot industry that Asian countries are racing to develop now
MICE in Asia
MICE in Taiwan
The value chain of MICE Industry broadcasting decoration Public relations hotels THE MICE EVENT media Industrial association conventions transportation locations printing
SWOT Analysis of MICE Industry in Taiwan
• • • Taiwan is located in the centre of Pacific Asia with convenience in transportation.
Sharing the Chinese language and culture gives Taiwan advantage in the business market of Greater China.
Taiwan is well-developed in information technology, communication technology, and the bicycle industry.
• • • •
Taiwan’s stressed relation with China weakens its competitiveness when aiming at international MICE events held in relation to China.
Lack of exhibition space, good traffic flow, and adequate facilities.
Lack of different language specialists.
Uneven distribution: MICE talents are highly concentrated in Taipei.
• • • After entering WTO, Taiwan attracts international entrepreneurs to its open markets. Asia has become a major region where international conventions and exhibitions are held. Business opportunities are here. Taiwan leads the world in technology and service industry.
• • The MICE industry is growing rapidly in China, making China into a formidable competitor.
Developments in internet communication and advertising, even online transactions, reduce the need for many MICE events.